Sunday, December 4, 2011

Welcome To Percy the Black Cats Blog


Papa Elf (Bob Newhart): "Oh, hello. You're, uh, you're probably here about the, uh, the story. Elves love to tell stories. I... I'll bet you didn't know that about elves. There's uh, probably a lot of things, you, you didn't know about elves."

WARNING: yes this is the first post and I am watching Elf so be prepared for some quotes and assorted references.

How can you not love it? The Elf movie that is, not the first blog post. It's guaranteed to put a smile on your face every time. As for the blog, well while it might be just another flake of snow in a snowstorm of blogs on the interwebs, it is my particular flake of snow and I’ve finally figured out, sort of how to make it a legend in my own mind ha ha. 

But we’ll get to that eventually. I’ve got my notes to get me organized, and some ideas, but hey I keep getting distracted by the movie. 

Christmas is coming and it’s the most wonderful time of the year….next to Halloween. I love Halloween, nope, don’t dress up, don’t go to parties, just love the decorations and themes etc. 

So what to expect here on PTBC-Blog….general ramblings, complaints (which I’m sure my friends are sick of, so I will dump them on you the unsuspecting readers), some of my sewing projects, started, planned and unfinished, and of course the finished ones. and gardening. But I only have a balcony so that won’t be anything you’d see in better homes and gardens. . Some cooking and health stuff like everyone I am trying to eat healthier and get more exercise. I’m seeing a nutritionist who is AWESOME, so I’m always trying new recipes. 

Buddy: We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

Hey that line works for Halloween too!!

I’m working on a few Christmas gifts. But I can’t show them till they’ve been given to the giftees….is that the phrase? Y’know people receiving the gifts!! As for the ‘list’ of presents for people, well the two people that get spoiled are my father, and my nephew. Dad gets whatever he asks for and my nephew, well he’s too young to tell me, but I have a pretty good guess. Then there are a handful of friends that will get something. three are to send out by mail, but again I can’t tell you what anything is because they might read this and ruin the surprise. 

Actually, my father and my nephew won’t read this. My father has no clue when it comes to computers and the interwebs, and my nephew is too young and I doubt his parents will read this….but that’s another story. 

And here’s your Christmas warm and fuzzy of the day. ThePortable North Pole. You can send a message from Santa to anyone. And it’s awesome!! Send it to kids and adults!! And for the kids, watch their faces light up when Santa talks to them.

Christmas is the best day of the whole wide year. Well next, to Halloween…

No comments:

Post a Comment